The Piedmont Emergency Animal Response Team (PE ART) is a collaborative and regional, nonprofit partnership composed of community volunteers and stakeholders that are dedicated to the well-being of all animals.
The Piedmont Emergency Animal Response Team is committed to coordinating an effective animal response prior to, during and after emergencies and disasters.
- To safely and humanely assist animals, their care-takers and local response agencies and organizations before, during and after emergencies and disasters by utilizing the core principals of the National Incident Management System (NIMS)/Incident Command Structure (ICS) that was developed by FEMA.
- To provide appropriate and required training that supports PE ART’s Mission.
- To conduct public outreach in order to promote pet and animal preparedness within the community and to recruit PE ART volunteers.
Follow us on Facebook !!!!
See our 2-page flyer: PEARTFlyer_December2012
Required & Recommended Training: PEART_TrainingRequirements_Nov2012
Quarterly PEART Planning Meeting – Dec 13: 2012PEARTQuarterly_Dec13
More about us:
PE ART is composed of community volunteers with experience in rescue operations, animal rescue & rehabilitation, veterinary services, farming & agriculture, wildlife rescue, law enforcement, business administration and many other resourceful volunteer experiences.
Other agencies, organizations, businesses and groups that provide guidance and services include:
- Alamance County Emergency Management & Fire Marshal’s Office
- American Red Cross
- Caswell County Emergency Management
- CCSB Reptile Rescue & Adoption Center
- Forsyth County Cooperative Extension
- Davidson County Animal Shelter
- Davidson County Emergency Management
- Davie County Emergency Management
- Forsyth County Animal Control
- Forsyth County Dept. of Public Health
- Forsyth County Emergency Services
- Forsyth Humane Society
- Horse Education & Rescue Organization (H.E.R.O.)
- Latitude 36 Veterinary Services
- NC Department of Agriculture
- North Carolina Emergency Management
- Rockingham County Animal Shelter
- Rockingham County Emergency Management
- Salem Equine Clinic
- Stokes County Emergency Management
- Triad Regional Advisory Committee (T-RAC)
- Wake Forest Baptist Health
- Walnut Cove Veterinary Hospital
- Wildlife Rehab, Inc.
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Emergency Management
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Planning Department
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
- Winston-Salem Fire Department
- Winston-Salem Police Department
- Yadkin County Animal Control
- Yadkin County Emergency Management